LSI Stone is now certified by the international standards of ISO 14001, becoming one of the first Natural Stone Processing Companies to comply with the standard in Portugal.
Recently LSI Stone made several efforts and implemented several mechanisms that allows a better control of the environmental footprint produced by the company. Below we mention some of the recent actions in our factory:
- Use of plastic pallets and slats, replacing traditional wooden ones. They can be recycled easily and quickly when delivered to our customers.
- Three new crusher machines, this allows the creation of crushed stone, which is mainly used for construction.
- More efficient collection of sludge from stone processing used in cement production.
- Improved stone dust collection system.
- Improvement of the internal recycling processes and search of new customers for the various materials resulting from the transformation materials.
LSI Stone‘s goal is to support the circular economy, reuse materials and give it a new life. In a period where the planet Earth has increasingly limited reserves of raw material, it is essential that companies take measures to ensure sustainability and ensure the quality of life for future generations.
Our company will always look for new ways to improve its processes, making them more environmentally friendly.
What is ISO 14001?
ISO 14001 is the international standard that specifies requirements for an effective environmental management system (EMS). It provides a framework that an organization can follow, rather than establishing environmental performance requirements. The standard was agreed upon by a majority of member countries before being released and updated. It has become an internationally recognized standard accepted by a majority of countries around the world.